I do not know how to save a Word document to a jump drive from Word 2007. It does not seem to show up in the drop down box.
— Submitted by Phyllis Bednar (Houston, PA)
Your USB drive will be in the list of Save in locations if it is inserted properly into the USB port before saving your document.
Follow these steps to save a Word 2007 document to any alternate drive, such as a jump drive, flash drive, thumb drive, or external hard drive.
- Make sure the jump drive or external hard drive is hooked up and turned on.
- Click the Office Button.
- Select Save As, then select a file type. The Save As dialog opens.
- In the Save in list, click My Computer.
- Select the drive letter for the flash drive or external hard drive
- Click Open. Select the desired folder location.
- Click OK.
If you have installed the drive properly but it still doesn’t show up in your Save In list, contact the product manufacturer for help.
(These comments were from a previous commenting system. If you want to add to the discussion, use the comment box at the bottom of the page. Thanks!)
A BIG mahalo nui loa
by: Kerry browning
Thank you for your generosity. Saved me from feeling frustrated. Appreciate the clear instructions. Aloha.