Want to save your Word documents as PDF files? You can do it with the free Microsoft Word to PDF Converter and Word 2007.
The Save As PDF or XPS for 2007 Microsoft Office Programs add-in is all you need…you don’t need expensive 3rd-party software.
The add-in is not included when you install Microsoft Office or Word 2007. But once you download and install it, or if you own Word 2010 or 2013, it will be available inside Word…you don’t have to open any additional programs when you want to save as PDF.
In addition to Word 2007, installing this add-in enables the Save As PDF or XPS feature in other Office 2007 programs: Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio, OneNote, and InfoPath.
Optional (Preferred) Download
If you install Service Pack 2 for Office 2007, you do not need to download the add-in. You can download the service pack by updating Word 2007. I recommend installing the service pack because it includes functionality improvements for all Office 2007 programs.
Choose what you want to do:
- download and install the add-in
- repair or uninstall the add-in
- convert Word documents to PDF (link opens new page)
Follow this Word Tip and you will be ready to publish professional looking PDF files from your Word 2007 documents in just a few minutes!
Downloading the Word to PDF Converter
The Save As PDF or XPS for 2007 Microsoft Office Programs add-in software is a Microsoft product. You must own genuine Microsoft software to download and install the add-in. (Genuine means a licensed copy of the software. Validation is required.) To download the add-in:
- Open Word 2007.
- Click the Office button.
- Select Save As.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Find add-ins for other file formats.
- A help screen will open. Under “What do you want to do?” select the option, Install and use the Save as PDF or XPS add-in from Microsoft. (You can investigate purchasing third-party software by selecting “install a third-party solution” from the list.)
- Click the link in the first step to be taken to the download site.
- Click Download and follow the instructions.
To save a Word document as a PDF or XPS file, see the article, Convert Word to PDF.
Repairing or Uninstalling the Word to PDF Converter
If you suspect that the Save As PDF or XPS for 2007 Microsoft Office Programs add-in is causing problems, you can repair or remove it.
To repair or uninstall the Save As PDF add-in:
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs.
- Scroll down the program list and highlight Microsoft Save As PDF or XPS for 2007 Microsoft Office Programs.
- To uninstall the add-in, click Remove.
- To repair the add-in, click the link Click here for support information, then click Repair.
- Close Control Panel.
Make sure to check out my tips for creating the best quality PDF documents.
The option to open the pdf after save is greyed out in Word 2007 and there is no entry in the remove programs to uninstall this add-in, any suggestions?